Open Dance Project partners with K-12 schools, universities, and youth and family service organizations to bring people together through the collaborative process of interdisciplinary performance development. Open Dance Project offers school audiences a multi-sensory feast of daring physicality and theatrical virtuosity. With content and themes that compliment students’ core curriculum subjects, Open Dance Project’s school shows and workshops move seamlessly in and out of dancing, speaking and singing with skill and imagination. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book a show or workshop for your school!
Experiment. Connect. Dig Deep.
It was a busy fall for ODP community engagement!
- ODP Artistic Director Annie Arnoult introduced over 600 HISD teachers to strategies for integrating dance into core curriculum subjects through our partnership with Young Audiences of Houston and the Houston Arts Access Initiative.
- ODP artistic director Annie Arnoult and ODP artist Davis Stumberg led dance workshops for the HYPE summer program.*
- ODP artists Brittany Thetford Deveau, Alisa Mittin, Joseph Stevens, and Tehillah Hartmann led workshops to patients at Shriners Hospital throughout the summer.
- ODP continues to lead free creative movement workshops for youngsters at Levy Park.*
- ODP artist Alonzo Moore and Brittany Thetford Deveau offer weekly dance classes at Wharton Elementary School’s after school arts program.*
- ODP artist Alonzo Moore brought reading to life for 6 weeks with 2nd graders at Cornelius Elementary.*
- ODP artist Alonzo Moore teaches ongoing technique and repertory for KIPP High School’s dance program.
*Thank you to Young Audiences of Houston for their support and administration of these programs.