Open Dance Project seeks advanced contemporary dancers with demonstrated interest and experience in improvisation, composition, pedagogy, and collaborative community building for Company Contracts for the 2021/2022 Season.
Under the Artistic Direction of Annie Arnoult, Open Dance Project is dedicated to bringing innovative and thought provoking dance theater to diverse audiences through performance events, educational residency programs, and the support of new works by collaborating artists.
Full season contracts run August 30, 2021 through June 4, 2022 (excluding holidays) with paid rehearsals, performances, educational residency and teaching work.
Company Dancers can expect:
- 15 hrs/wk of class & rehearsal ($15/hr)
- Up to 12 hrs/wk of teaching ($35/hr)
- An inclusive, professional, collaborative working environment
- Benefits include: training in Open Dance Project’s collaborative dance theater process; unlimited access to classes at our residency site, Hunter Dance Center; ongoing professional training, development, and pedagogy workshops; mentored professional teaching experience in both adult and kid classes at our home at HDC as well as arts integration and dance education in HISD and surrounding schools.
“Our ensemble-driven work draws on the rich well of diverse talents and life experiences of our company members to make work that is athletic, virtuosic, witty, sharp, theatrical, whimsical, socially engaged and deeply human.” – Artistic Director, Annie Arnoult
Audition will include:
- Ballet Barre
- Contemporary Phrases from Company Repertory
- Ensemble Devising/Collaborative Composition (will include some text work)
Please bring CV and headshot to the audition.
Email email@example.com with any questions.